The company is now looking to employ a dynamic and positive Russian & English Speaking Customer Support Agent as a Freelancer.
Besedo is a fast growing tech-company providing tools and services to online marketplaces around the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Supporting users and answering their questions via email & Live Chat.
- Participating in regular training sessions to learn and maintain expert knowledge of publication rules, market trends and moderation best practices.
- Collaborating with your team members.
- Providing feedback to managers on trends, common end-user mistakes and questions. You are our eyes and ears, therefore you know the users the best!
- Giving input on improvements of publication rules to improve user experiences.
- Moderating Chats.
To Succeed in This Role, You Are:
- Fluent in Russian & English Language.
- Flexible and able to make quick decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Conscientious and reliable – commitment is one of our core values!
- Eagle-eyed with great attention to details.
- Caring about people – you will be working with securing the online safety of our customers and their users.
- Ideally interested in marketplaces, shared economy and new technology.
- Previous experience in content moderation, customer care and/or online business is a plus.
- An opportunity to make a positive impact on the digital world.
- A stimulating and rewarding job in a fast-moving, innovative and international tech-company.
Besedo is a Swedish company with offices in seven locations around the world, providing content moderation solutions to leading online marketplaces, dating sites and sharing economy services. Our automation tool, Implio, facilitates fast and easy moderation, often in combination with our manual services.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by uploading an application letter together with a detailed CV. All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality.
“The enduring goal of Besedo in Malta is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.”