Join a vibrant international team, dedicated to making the Internet a safer place for everyone!
Besedo is a rapidly growing technology company providing tools and services to online markets and apps around the world.
Besedo is a Swedish company with offices in six locations around the world, providing content moderation solutions for major online markets, dating sites and shared economy services. Our automation tool, Implio, facilitates fast and easy moderation, often in combination with our manual services. We recently merged with IoSquare, a developer of artificial intelligence and machine learning, to take our technology into the future and remain at the forefront. Read more about content moderation and Implio on our blog: implio.com
About the role:
The SOC Engineer is responsible for monitoring and analyzing an organization’s security posture on an ongoing basis, ensuring the alignment of security implementations within the corporate framework, policies, and procedures globally to handle properly the Personal Data and Information Security strategy.
Also, the SOC engineer is responsible for configuring, deploying, and maintaining Security Tools equipment and services to preserve confidentiality, availability, and integrity on Besedo data in a mission critical services environment and a 24/7 operation.
- Implement countermeasures defined to mitigate risks in technology, such as security architectures, vulnerability management, identity, and rights management, etc. in line with the risk treatment.
- Implement the corrective actions resulted after the audits to prevent mishandling with personal data and information in Besedo.
- Document procedures, manuals, corrective actions, and related information related to information security implementations for Besedo.
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting of security events and incidents to identify irregular activity and security violations.
- Execute routines for security patching in response to every changing threat landscape.
- Deploy and manage tools to enhance information security such as endpoint protection systems, host intrusion systems, and event detection and correlation systems.
- Implementation, configuration and supervision of security devices, tools, systems to be sure that Information Security policies are fulfilled.
- Assist the Data Protection & Information Security Specialist in the queries and/or implementations related to data protection and information security, aligned with internal procedures and local regulations (Europe and Colombia).
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Live in Colombia.
- Full time availability.
- English Level B2- C1.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Electric Engineering or similar. A postgraduate certificate in Information security and or Cybersecurity is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish (verbal and written) and Intermediate in English (B2/C1- verbal and written).
- Holding certifications such as Ethical hacking, CISSP, CISM, SANS GIAC, CompTIA Security+ would be highly desirable in supplementing technical knowledge and expertise.
- Possibility to work from home
- An opportunity to make a positive impact on the digital world.
- A stimulating and rewarding job in an international, innovative and fast-moving technology company.
- Career opportunities within the company
- Comprehensive training
- Fun events, great colleagues and a cool and pleasant workplace.
- Additional annual leave days for every year of tenure.